Coconut Cream Pumpkin Quinoa Porridge
Preparation Time: 5 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
- 1 1/2 cup Earth’s Finest Organic white Quinoa (rinsed)
- 12 ounces Earth’s Finest Coconut Cream
- 8 ounces of Water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (a few tbsp for topping as well)
- 1 tbsp Earth’s Finest Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Earth’s Finest Organic Coconut Cream
- 1/3 cup Coconut shavings
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (and some for topping)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Any additional toppings such as nuts, cranberries, etc.
- 1. You make this in a rice cooker or stove top however the rice cooker makes it fluffier.
- 2. Rinse your Quinoa and place in rice cooker. Add in milk and water and press rice setting.
- 3. If you are making this on a stove top, bring water and milk to a light boil then add quinoa and cover on low to medium low.
- 4. About half way through cooking (8 or 9 minutes) stir in your pumpkin puree. Cover again and wait till it’s cooked and quinoa is fluffy (about another 8-10 minutes or so)
- 5. Turn off rice cooker or put on warm. If using stove top, turn off heat and keep it on the burner.
- 6. Add in Earth’s Finest Organic Coconut Oil, cream, and spices. Mix thoroughly
- 7. Add in your coconut flakes and honey.
- 8. Spoon into bowls and top with 1 tbsp addition pumpkin and more milk if you would like.
- 9. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- 10. To make sweeter, mix more honey in each bowl of quinoa served or add in dried cranberries.