Lemon Blueberry Macadamia Nut Muffins
Makes approx 12-16 muffins
- 6 Eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of Earth’s Finest Organic Coconut Butter
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Finest Organic Coconut Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1. reheat your oven to 325 and either grease your muffin pans with coconut oil, or use unbleached muffin liners. If you use the paper liners, I recommend brushing the inside of them with some coconut oil as well.
- 2. In a food processor, blender, or a mixer (the food processor works best in my opinion), combine the eggs, coconut cream concentrate, macadamia nut oil, baking soda, and sea salt until smooth and completely combined.
- 3. With the food processor running, add the lemon juice and the lemon zest.
- 4. Pour batter into a bowl and mix the blueberries and chopped macadamia nuts in by hand. If you’re using fresh blueberries, take care not to crush them as you stir.
- 5. Pour or scoop the batter into the muffin tins filling each about 3/4 full.
- 6. Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Serve warm or cool. Tastes great both ways. For extra deliciousness, top with grass-fed butter or ghee. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.