Pumpkin, Chilli and Coconut Soup
Preparation Time: less than 30 mins
Cooking Time: 10 to 30 mins
- 1 medium Pumpkin, or Butternut Squash
- 1 large white Onion, chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ Chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 4–5 sprigs Thyme
- 400ml/14fl oz Earth’s Finest Organic Coconut Milk
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- Breadfruit or Sweet Potato chunks, to taste (optional)
- 1. Cut the pumpkin in half, then into wedges. Peel and deseed each wedge and cut the pumpkin flesh into 2.5cm/1in cubes.
- 2. Put the pumpkin in a large pan with the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli. Strip the leaves from the thyme and add to the pan.
- 3. Pour in about 400ml/14fl oz of water, bring to the boil and cook until the pumpkin has turned to a pulp.
- 4. Add the coconut milk and season to taste with salt, then reduce the heat and leave the soup to simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- 5. If you like, add chunks of breadfruit or sweet potato towards the end of the cooking. Serve hot in bowls.